Chris Martin, TSA '90 to be named President of Wilson Architects in 2015
Chris Martin, AIA, LEED AP, Principal
"Successful projects result from a shared vision and journey between an owner and architect."
Chris inspires the firm’s architects through his high level designs and creative direction. He values the exploratory process, where the answers to ‘why’ and ‘how’ are discovered collaboratively with clients and lead to original, sophisticated solutions. His designs draw largely on memories associated with a campus, institution, or moment in time to produce an enduring facility that respects the character and history of an institution. Just as expressions of art, music or literature transcend time, Chris believes architecture provides a similar link, connecting the past to the future by blending innovation with an appreciation for the existing campus context.
Originally, Chris intended to pursue a career in anthropology; but he discovered a true passion for architecture while excavating prehistoric settlements in the Illinois River valley.
Woodworking and globetrotting with his family
- University of Pittsburgh - Chevron Annex
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Venable & Murray Halls
- University of Hartford - ISET Complex
- Boston University - Marine Program
- AstraZeneca - M&N Building Addition
- Tulane University - Environmental Sciences Building
- University of Pittsburgh - Graduate School of Public Health