Junior-Level Project Architect - East Coast
Junior-Level Project Architect - East Coast
Soho House & Co
Who We Are
Founded in London in 1995 as a private members’ club for people in the creative industries, Soho House & Co has since opened clubs across Europe and North America, as well as restaurants, cinemas, work spaces, spas and bedrooms.
Soho House Design & Build was set up to create our new properties and has now expanded to a team of over 50 architects, interior designers and managers between our design offices in London and New York. We work collaboratively with our teams including chefs, bartenders, event managers and other operators to evolve the design and atmosphere of our spaces. In House Design & Build team is now taking on a few select clients for full service construction and design projects. We cover everything from planning and initial design, through to project management, construction and interior design.
Soho House design and build is an in-house architecture and design firm. We produce 100% design development drawings sets in house and partner with local architect to produce construction documentation sets. All millwork packages are also produced in house. We manage projects from concept to completion. It’s a true ‘roll up your sleeves’ type of environment.
We are looking for Junior architectural designer with at least two years of professional experience.
Individual should be able to demonstrate a knowledge and enthusiasm of design processes and thinking, hand sketching, 2D & 3D Revit and ACAD abilities and presentation skills. We value a flexible, open and inquisitive attitude toward design. As we expand we want people motivated to take an active role in building our design team. Ideally, this individual would have someone with experience or a strong interest in hotels and restaurants.
Reporting to their Team Leader, you will be working on design packages at various stages of development. Other skills required and responsibilities:
- Must have a M.Arch or B.Arch from an accredited school with two-three years of experience and competent in all conventional aspects of architecture
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and passionate about hospitality design
- Must be proficient in Revit Architecture. Other skills are needed in Microsoft Project, Excel, AutoCAD, Adobe Products: Photoshop and InDesign.
- Must be experienced at interpreting mood board and pictorial presentations to conceptualization in workable building plans. There is a strong interior design department already established responsible for procurement and selection of FF&E.
- Strong understanding of space planning, and phases of design drawings.
- Continuously create and manage Soho House back of house and FF&E Revit library as required.
- Able to assist in-house project management team during CA phases.
Please email resume, portfolio and documentation of experience with above skills in an 8.5x11 PDF no larger than 5 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Junior-Level Architectural Designer."
This position offers the opportunity to work on a multi-disciplinary team involved in the full life cycle of a built project. Benefits offered include competitive salary, weekly wage, private healthcare, life insurance, gym discount as well as discounts in our restaurants and hotels.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge
Soho House & Co. collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Soho House & Co. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
- New York, NY